Our Diversity and Inclusion policy
New Allotment Ltd recognises that diversity and inclusion help to support creativity and innovation: they are an essential ingredient in a successful production company. We are committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion and ensuring there is no discrimination in our company.
We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society. We want our company to be one in which every employee and freelancer feels respected and able to give their best.
To that end, this policy provides a framework of equality and fairness for all in our employment. It expresses our commitment not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
This policy applies to employed and freelance staff and to people working as on-mic hosts and all other members of the team who work on our productions.
All freelancers and employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, whether as a member of staff or on a freelance basis, will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. Access to opportunities for promotion, training or any other benefit will also be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the creativity and success of the company.
- Actively seek to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in the podcasting and audio industry as a whole, or in particular job roles in the industry.
- Review all our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and help us to identify the best talent.
- Identify and take opportunities to increase the diversity of casting decisions
- Ensure reasonable adjustments are made to enable disabled people to work in or with our company, both on-mic and on our production team.
- Actively seek to increase the diversity of our talent networks.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and freelancers are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every employee and freelancer is able to work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all. We will not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying or harassment.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
We will constantly monitor that our behaviour at New Allotment adheres to our Diversity and Inclusion policy and formally review our processes a minimum of twice a year. We have developed an action plan to help us implement this policy and achieve our specific diversity goals. The person who is responsible for ensuring this action plan is implemented is Stuart Stubbs.
This policy is fully supported by the senior management of the company. Breaches of the policy may be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.